We are working on a community site for game artists, it is allot like CGtalk. We are currently using phpBB 2.0.8 and it’s pretty much a portal site with a few nice little mods. There are a few things we need and we would like to pay as each step is completed. If you do excellent with the first step you will have the option of going on to the next step.
Step One: First thing we are going to need is to have a custom php portal site built. We all ready have the graphics, sitemap and flow chart along with everything we plan on doing with the site in a word doc which we will give you so you can build the best foundation for the site. We are changing from phpBB to Invision Power Board. So you will need to have experience with that Board. The old site will need to be transfer over to the new server and from phpBB to IPB. All post, images and user data has to stay intact.
The most important thing is the new site needs to be designed “code wise?? to be able to be run by one person with the option to give levels of control to others if ever decide to do so (by means of a very user friendly online interface). We will be very upfront with you… this is not going to be an easy job and we have already had one coder bail out on us. We do have a coder that can help you with the work load but it’s just a helping hand and he dose it for free so don’t expect much.
Before you bid, know this... We have done allot of prepro so everything should be pretty easy for you but when we say we want something to look a certain way we don’t want to have to spend an hour explaining to you how to do we just want you to do it. So make sure you are on that level. We also expect very clean code, like we said we have a coder and it has to meet to his standards.
The next steps will just be custom mods that we will need done but we will tell you more about that once this job is complete. Rest assured that if step one goes well and we use you for more steps you will have a steady work flow.
1) Complete and fully-functional custom IPB portal site in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Our coder has to agree that your code is clean and good according to his standards.
5) No information is lost during the transfer from one server to the other without our consent
6) Site needs to be designed “code wise?? to be able to be run by one person with the option to give levels of control to others if ever decide to do so (by means of a very user friendly online interface).
7) All custom mods are working correctly.
8) Works on all the major browsers and platforms, especially: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla, and Apple Safari
Operating Systems: Linux, OSX, and Windows XP
Environments: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, Amaya, Apple Safari, Lynx, Neoplanet, Konqueror, Galeon