We are looking for a developer with experience on:
- Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) testing
- Windows Hardware Lab Kit
- Driver signing on Windows
I recently completed a software for Windows which contains a driver component.
Last versions of Windows 10 require all drivers to be signed by Microsoft through their Dev Portal.
I already signed my program with my EV certificate, but based on a recent Microsoft policy change, this is not enough anymore.
Now any driver needs to be signed by Microsoft after passing its quality tests.
However, the Microsoft documentation on how to make these tests and get their certification is lacking and confusing.
Even though I am an experienced developer, in order to save time I would like to get some guidance by a developer who already did this process.
What we need:
- Guidance via chat and teamviewer on how to setup the environment to install Windows Hardware Lab Kit.
We are very familiar with Virtual Machines, we will setup the environment in our own lab.
We just need from you some remote guidance on how to set it up.
- Guidance on how to use WHL Kit to perform driver tests and generate the .hlkx files which Microsoft requires to submit to their portal for validation
- Guidance regarding how to complete Microsoft validation
See link to Microsoft Documentation regarding required steps:
[login to view URL]
Job will be considered completed once the test environment is correctly running and all the necessary test data required by Microsoft is gathered and can be sent to their labs.