This project is to write the system logic for a cartonization function.
Cartonization is the process of evaluating the contents of an order to determine the number and size of each shipping carton required for the order.
This will be ported into our warehouse management system (WMS) by our own developers.
The solution can be written in SQL or Visual Basic, (or similar)
We will provide scenario examples and data
The solution is required to enable a warehouse operation to pre-determine the size & number of cartons required.
• linear or cubic measurements
• data is internally relative – i.e. M3, M, cm,
• Some data may be missing. (I.e. the Item may have Cube (m3) data, but no Length, width or height).
• Length, width and Height (LxWxH)
• CUBE (Note – in some cases ONLY Cube will be provided)
• Gross Weight
• Nesting Factor –expressed as an incremental increase in 1 dimension, when # units is greater than 1. (X,Y,Z direction and a factor)
Carton/Tote information – CALLED CARTON GROUP
• Carton Type – Grouping of Carton Sizes into a single type. Types will be assigned to Item Lines
• Preference ranking (1 to N) – e.g. – preference is to use MEDIUM – but as required, due to single DIM or MAX, other carton may be used.
• Length, width and Height (LxWxH)
• MAX CUBE
• MAX WEIGHT
• MAX UNITS
• CUBE FILL TOLERANCE e.g. MUST Achieve 85% cubic fill.
Other Data -:
• PICKING SEQUENCE is provided - this is based on the “LOCATION” from which the SKU/Item will be picked
o This will determine the sequence for the item/location records
• Setting: SPLIT ZONE CARTONIZATION – (set at the Owner Level ) - use the picking sequence to sort the initial pass of item/locations into Carton, if a carton falls below its fill tolerance, and there are still remaining picks inside or outside the current zone, then consider those items for placing into this carton.
o else use the picking sequence to sort the initial pass of item/locations into Carton, if there are NO remaining picks within the current zone, then finish the carton.
• Setting: MIXING RULES (based on flags at the SKU/Item Level, Set at owner Level.)
If Flag ‘Item Grouping Cartonization’ = 1 then check SUSR1-5 fields in Orderline, different values may not be mixed in a single carton, first product in carton will determine what other groups can be placed in there. If any of the fields are different, then put them into a new carton.
o ORDER TYPE: If Flag ‘Order type Grouping Cartonization’ = 1 then check TYPE field in Order, items with different Order Types may be mixed in same carton/tote.
o CARTON GROUP: if 2 different Orderlines are linked to different CARTON GROUP – then they cannot be mixed.
• Setting: CONSILIDATION RULES (Set at owner Level): Keep SKU Together’ = 1 then try to keep all SKU’s from the same location in one (or more) cartons
It will process each of the item details sequenced by pick location sequence.
A sequential ID will be set for each item line
The selected Carton type and Size will be returned with ID.
• Do NOT exceed Max fill tolerance of Cube based on total cube plus current cube
• Do NOT exceed Max weight of carton based on total Weight plus current weight x Qty
• Do NOT exceed Carton Length when Length > 0
• Do NOT exceed Carton Width when Width > 0
• Do NOT exceed Carton Height when Height > 0
• Do NOT exceed Max Units of carton
• If Nesting flag is enabled at the SKU/Item level check nesting
If the system cannot find a carton for a specific item line, then carton size can be sent back as OVERSIZE, with a single ID for that item/line.
13 freelancers are bidding on average $9058 for this job
Dear Sir, Kindly Check PMB, For further discussion of your Project In Details... Many Thanks, Nikhil Pawar Webwing Technologies PVT Limited Business Development Executive
KINDLY PROVIDE A PROFESSIONAL PROJECT SPECIFICATION DOC // THE PROVIDE INFO ISNT USEFUL TO DETERMINE THE EXACT PROGRAMMATIC DESIGN FOR THE SYSTEM !/
We are freelance software developers. If you contact me I can give a quote for your project and we can discuss the details. www.<b><i>Removed by Admin</i></b>