Need a native Marathi speaker who has 5 years experience writing for television, film or comedy for mass audiences. Will be writing for a SIRI like product using Marathi.
Need someone in New York or Mountain View California
Marathi Creative Writer (or Bengali or Tamil or Telugu)
Have you ever written for a character for film, TV, video game, or comic book that can deliver a joke that can make a grandmother or teen smile? Are you the person at the party who wins the trivia contest because you can finish the fun film quote or recite obscure music lyrics? And, you can do all of this in English and another foreign language? If this sounds like you, the team may have a seat for you next to one of our talented team of characters who are creating some fun for the Assistant.
The team is dedicated to bringing a bit of fun and human touch to people interacting with the Assistant through chat, phones, TVs, watches, Google Home and other devices we haven’t even thought of yet. As a Creative Writer, you’ll be helping to adapt the Assistant persona for your region. You’ll be writing dialogue and curating a wide range of content including jokes, quotes, fun facts, and games making sure it all feels natural for the market.
Success will be measured both in terms of quantity (delivering a high volume of content) and quality (delivering culturally appropriate compelling content).
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Adapting content to local market.
- Creating and curating locale-specific content.
- Writing and editing for dialogue and character development.
-Creating and maintaining style guide.
- BS/BA Degree (Manager is open to area of study)
- 5+ years as a writer for a mass consumer audience.
- Experience writing dialogue for television, film, commercials, plays/screenplays, fiction/interactive fiction, and/or comedy/entertainment.
- Excellent organization and ability to juggle multiple projects independently.
- Demonstrated experience working with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Fluent in Marathi and English.
Nice to have
- BA Degree in Liberal arts or equivalent area of study-
- Experience and interest in product & game design, design skills, & artificial intelligence.
- Passion for pop-culture and current news.
- Professional experience managing translation