You must be familiar with ncurses and basic linux system administration to bid on this project.
Create a full screen gui app in ncurses to perform basic system administration tasks. The screen should be broken into three sections.
1 Horizontal split, top and bottom. In the bottom, there should be a vertical split. Please see the example layout.
The menu should have the following options:
1) Set Static IP- This should allow the user to set the IP to static. They should be prompted to enter the following information: IP, Subnet, Gateway, DNS
2) Set DHCP - This should allow the user to set the IP to DHCP. They should be prompted to enter dns servers if they want
3) Show networking (Show all interfaces, their status and IP information)
4) Ping -- Allow the user to ping an IP or domain name with 4 packets and present the results
5) Reboot -- Confirm the user wants to reboot and reboot
6) Shutdown -- Confirm the user wants to shutdown and shutdown
Any questions / prompts etc should happen in the configure area
The status area should provide general connectivity information. This will be local link/network, internet access if present, and lastly access to our VPN via the tun0 interface if its connected. If you can do this in a cool ascii art/status screen please mention that as it will increase your chances of winning the project. Based on 1 of 3 situations I would like to present different warning messages in the status screen. So that i can confirm you've read the bid, please start the bid with the word taco.