Geoskop is a startup that develops algorithms to predict wind and solar energy generation for the renewable energy industry. We are looking for an experienced Python - Django Developer to develop a front-end.
You must create a user interface ready to be deployed to a Linux VM, developed with Django (Django auth, Django Geojson, ncDjango, etc.) and Django Leaflet or folium.
The main idea is that the front end must contain raster data (provided by Geoskop). An interactive map where the user can click over a pixel or write a coordinate (Web – Mercator) to visualize (e.g. line plot) basic statistics of each pixel is the expected outcome.
The front end must include:
- Two logos
- A date slider (with monthly ticks)
- An open source basemap (e.g. OSM) as background.
- A selection box (to choose between 4 rasters of the same area)
- A search box to write coordinates (lat / lon - Web Mercator) in decimal format
*Please see attached pic for having a clear idea of how we visualize the front end.
The developer must be willing to:
- Develop a Django front-end ready to be deployed
- Have experience with Git
- Willing to attend to periodical meetings with Geoskop's owner
This is a "one shot" project with a strong possibility to become in recurrent projects if the developer if willing to do so.