A recent php update by my web host caused certain characters on our website to not display correctly. I need help to restore these - if possible. I think it's a formatting issue.
Background: for some time we had an issue with posting apostrophe characters in our article entry system (due to a php security issue apparently), so whenever this apostrophe was to be up posted in an article ' I ended up replacing it with the following apostrophe ’
(If you size these up, you will see that they are different). ' ’
In a recent php update by my web host, these and other characters (listed below) have turned in a question mark within a diamond: �
However it's only for older posts, new posts I make with these characters work fine.
So for example, here in an article that was posted before the update was made: [url removed, login to view]
You can see that it's riddled with � signs.
Here is the original text/formatting of the article on another source, here you can see here how it is supposed to look: [url removed, login to view]
It seems primarily to concern the following characters:
But also special Swedish characters: å ä ö have turned into �
There might be others, that I simply haven't discovered yet.
Here is another example:
[url removed, login to view]
Here is the original, where you can see the correct formatting: [url removed, login to view]
I hope there is a way to change the formatting or how the characters display on the website in order to make these characters visible again on the website.
As mentioned above, I've noticed that now after the update, I can post the following characters just fine ' ‘ ’ Whenever I post a story now, that contains the same characters, it works fine. So why characters posted before the update doesn't display correctly is unclear to me.
If you accept the task, I can give you access to our news admin section (which is very basic, old and very outdated): [url removed, login to view]
And hopefully you can help us to can figure out what is wrong and fix this issue.
The update occurred a little bit more then a week ago and it shows up all over the website on things posted before the update, so I'd like to have the characters display correctly all over the website.
Thanks / CHB