I am looking for someone who can act as a real partner in the many projects we work on. We have many ongoing website projects and I would like to have a helper who I can really rely on to carry out tasks when needed.
Work could include:
- Sending you a few small, "easy" PHP/CSS/JS fixes that might take one or two hours
- Sending you 25 hours of in-depth changes to an existing platform
- Sending you specs for a complete website build (the design will always be provided by us)
- Sending you a complex JS/CSS problem that requires real investigation and skills to solve.
If you prefer only one or two styles of working from the list above please include details in your bid.
Platforms could include:
- Bespoke PHP/MySQL websites
- Wordpress (of course!)
- CMS Made Simple
(You don't need to have specific experience of all of these, as long as you have very good PHP/CSS/JS skills and are quick to learn.)
What to expect:
Sometimes you will be working on a website you have not seen before, other times you would be working on a website you have worked on many times before. Sometimes we will need work turned around quickly, but mostly you will be provided with specs well in advance. Some weeks you will be given only a few hours work, some weeks you will be given LOTS of work.
IMPORTANT: Please note that we have a particular style of working that we require to be followed, which includes:
- You must not change the code organisation or style without asking
- For all projects (except very minor) you must setup a development version of the website on OUR server. Some of the websites are HUGE and not easily copied.
- Important: You must always thoroughly test your work (we expect to pay for this time). We seem to waste so much time pointing out obvious errors to freelancers.
- Every single change must be tested by us on the development version before going live
- Every set of changes must go live at a pre-agreed time so that we are available in case of any problems
- All work will be detailed in .docx files. If you have ANY questions or comments, these must be added INLINE to the word docs and sent back to us so we have a record of the conversation. Completed work should have a strikethrough applied but not removed from the document and sent back to us
The first set of work will be some changes and fixes to a heavily customized Wordpress website and updates/changes to a heavily customized CMS Made Simple installation.
If you are interested in this work please provide details of your hourly rate and I will send details of first projects.