We want to a website where table tennis players can be put in contact with each other.
- Website usage will require a premium subscription (a few dollars a month) so payment processing (Stripe, PayPal, and/or others) will be necessary.
- Users should be able to search for other users based on their location and level of play using their official rating.
- Users should be able to message each other on the site.
- There should be a portal for video tutorials. We are open to hosting the videos on YouTube, on a specialized hosting site, or on our own domain depending on the complexity and the costs.
- There will be several pages dedicated to promoting "fair play" in table tennis.
We have a slight preference for PHP or Go alongside MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL though we are open to other as well. We are open to building the site on top of an existing platform such as WordPress if you think that it makes sense.
Obviously the site will need a design and we are open to purchasing a theme, having one custom designed by you, or using an open source one.
Please let us know any questions that you have about this project. In particular, please discuss the tech stack you have in mind, the complexity of the features listed above, and any concerns you have about pain points in development.