I have been having problems getting my PHP and ASP websites to connect to a MySQL and Access database in my new Windows HostGator account. I will give you account access to a windows hostgator account.
Your job is to
· create a database using MySql so it exists on the website
* create a database using Microsoft Access so it exists on the website
· Create a table called Members in each database that has 7 fields: MemberID, FirstName, LastName, Address, City, State, Zip
· Create 2 scripts: One in PHP and one in ASP that perform the following database queries to the MySQL and Access databases :
o open the database
o write 3 records to the database using SQL. Make sure all Zip field values are 39233
For instance, (INSERT into TABLE VALUES ('Joe', LastName='Gred', City='Tulsa', State='New Jersey', Zip='39233')
o Update the records in the database to another set of values using the id of the ID
for instance : (Update TABLE set FirstName="XXXXX" and LastName="YYYYY" where MemberID=<the record just inserted>)
<the record just inserted> means you must pro grammatically determine the last table inserted and use that number as key field to modify
o read that record from the database using firstname and lastname as key fields (Select * from TABLE where FirstName=XXXXX and LastName=XXXXXX)
o print out all records to a webpage
· Close the database.
You will also:
1) Document all of the steps you take to create the database and the table in the database.
2) Tell me how to back up the database and how to open the database on my Windows 7 computer for editing. In other words, I need a program like Microsoft Access to edit a MySql .SQL file.
If you can only write a script in ASP or only for PHP you must specify this prior to beginning project.
If you can only create database code for MySQL or only for MS Access, let me know and I will consider.