Techniques: PHP, MySQL, XML-RPC
Timeline: 2 to 3 months
Language: Dutch & English
Communication: 2 to 3 times a week (email & phone)
+++ Project description +++
Developing a system that synchronises the [url removed, login to view] database. So in short, we need a backend system that imports all the data through xml-rpc from booking.com. Extra is the functionality to edit this data (like adding comments or ratings).
The generated database will be used to develop a hotel booking website like [url removed, login to view], but with extra functions and lots of extra information. This will be step 2 in the development proces, first the system to synchronise the data is needed.
+++ Approach +++
0) Analysis of the XML-RPC interface of Booking.com. You can read all about the Booking XML-RPC webservices on [url removed, login to view]
1) Design and creation of the MySQL database. Countries, cities, hotels, hotels comments, hotels photos, rooms, all needed tables to make the site run properly, based on [url removed, login to view] XMLs. (Note, lot of data as hotel description, room info, locations, is provided in multiple languages and the database has to support and store all these multi-languages infos).
2) Build a system to (automatically - cronjobs) import the data from [url removed, login to view] XMLs into the database. Possibility to import the different pieces of data manually (from a little interface). Check in the [url removed, login to view] documentation, "General Help" -> "Logical Calling Order" to get an idea of all the XML-RPC functions to be called and all the different XMLs to import. Some of them will obviously not be imported often. Example, the countries or cities.
3) Photos also need to be imported and copied on the server, so we can serve them from our own server.
4) PHP classes to manipulate this data. List cities per country, list countries, list hotels (per country/city/date period/hotel name), add a comment to a hotel, etc... All the needed classes to build a site such as Booking.com. All these classes must be provided with samples of use.
5) Minimum technical documentation to be provided: A minimum of comments in the code and document explaining the different scripts and classes, and how to use them.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $1354 for this job
Hello, I have experience in such area and running hours. I developed exchange sms system between mobile operator and content provider based on xml protocol. I have big experience in DataBase.