We have an asp.net 2.0 website (in vb.net) that connects to sql server 2005 backend. We have been coding pages that define (in code) a chart, connect to sqlserver, bind the data and present the chart. We want to move to something that will be more dynamic. So we are looking for an example aspx/vb.net page that will.
1. make a call to the database to fetch a Dundas template stored as XML (see attached).
2. Make a second call to the db to fetch the data in an XML format (from an stored procedure that renders the data for xml). For this example use
as a source for the chart (any chart will do).
3. Build the chart and bind the data.
That's it. Don't worry about controls, events, data layers, etc. This doesn't have to be pretty visually, we just need an example to get us started
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
IIS 6 w asp.net 2.0, Dundas Chart Enterprise (most recent version),
SQL Server 2005