We have created an OpenStudio building model using as a base the SmallHotel example from ASHRAE with the following modifications:
- Heating systems are now based on water radiator heaters placed in each zone.
- For the cooling system, we placed AirTerminal:SingleDuct:ConstantVolume:CooledBeam objects in each zone and the coils from those objects are connected to a chilled water circuit.
- The occupancy schedules are removed.
- Added a main chilled water loop.
- Added an additional boiler loop for heaters.
The building is co-simulated converting the project to an EnergyPlus IDF and then to a FunctionalMockupUnit (FMU) after adding some additional configuration (ExternalInterface:FunctionalMockupUnitExport related parameters).
The target of this project is to modify the OpenStudio project and create an IDF to make possible the co-simulation of some systems but keeping others controlled by EnergyPlus:
* Variables that we want to co-simulate using the FMU interface:
- Zone occupancy using ExternalInterface schedules.
- Heater water flow rate to simulate a water valve.
- Chilled water flow rate of the CooledBeam coils to simulate a water valve.
- Ventilation flow rate to simulate a VAV box damper.
* Output variables:
- Energy consumption for Heating, Cooling and Ventilation systems.
- Zone Mean Air Temperature.
* Controlled by EnergyPlus:
- Main chilled water loop temperature setpoint.
- Main boiled water loop temperature setpoint.
- Heating and cooling EnergyPlus autosize.