About this Assignment
Your group has just been appointed to a Brand Board of a Company by its CEO. The CEO briefs your group about his performance expectation of the chosen brand. (Your group will be responsible for selecting the brand from a Company of your choice). It need not be a multinational Company. You can select a small or medium sized business as long as you can find the relevant facts and figures to support your work. You are permitted to select a product or service of your choice.
Your task in detail
1. Present a thorough market overview using facts and figures (20 marks)
The market overview should include details of the market sizes, growth, market share, and trends of key performance indicators (KPIs) of the brand you have selected over time. In this section you are required to critically review the market and the current performance of your brand and that of its key competitors.
2. Conduct a PESTEL and SWOT analysis and quantify the opportunity for the brand that will lead to double-digit growth. What are the changing macro and micro environment factors that are creating opportunities or threats for the brand?
3. Critically review the present segmentation of the market and how each brand is positioned (current segmentation and positioning in the market). In light of the macro and micro environmental changes identified above, what segments of the market are most attractive? and why? You will need to quantify the size of the segments and select the most attractive segment that is not only large in size / value but will offer your brand an opportunity to provide unique value to target consumers. Recommend a segment for your brand and justify your recommendations using facts and figures. Clearly identify consumer needs (or unmet need gaps) in each segment and how they differ between market segments
4. Set marketing objectives for your brand (using key performance indicators of revenue, profit, and market share and others as you wish). The marketing objectives you set must be linked to market numbers in the market overview, growth etc.
5. You must develop a marketing budget and time-line for your brand to take advantage of the identified growth opportunity in the market. Present a three-year brand building plan as to how the brand will go about achieving the marketing objectives you propose in section 4 above. Apart from the plan to build your brand, you are required to develop an innovation plan for the brand that could be the key growth driver for the brand.
6. Present the projected three-year financial forecast (projected P&L) for your brand. You must be in a position to justify your plan and relate the numbers to the market and marketing objectives to be achieved.
High scoring presentations would consider the following:
- Identification of key issues and providing solutions using a focused approach.
- Addressing the Assignment questions clearly using facts, figures combined with a logical and rational argument. The Group uses critical evaluation prior to reaching recommendations / conclusion.
- The group members are very familiar with the market context, the consumer needs, and competitive situation including your brands value proposition vs its competitors and the key factors of differentiation.
- Group members have visited the market to understand the above and have collected facts and figures including conducting a limited amount of primary data collection in addition to secondary data collection.
- Good application of marketing theory to the assignment (not regurgitation of theory).