ESSENTIAL: YOU MUST LIVE IN CHESHIRE or STAFFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND!
Sunpenny Publishing is rapidly expanding and is seeking another Freelance Sales & Marketing Assistant, to start work immediately. The role will be partly office based, but as you will also work from home you will need your own laptop and be set up to work freelance. The office is currently at Harriseahead, but will be moving to Crewe later this year. You will need to be based in easy reach of the office, and we are looking at 12 weeks of work with at least 30 hours a week.
Essential that you already have experience in marketing, preferably within the book industry if possible, but we are willing to look at other experience if relevant. Strong advantage if you also have skills in graphics and layout (InDesign or Photoshop), for marketing materials and web images; in basic web site maintenance and social networking; and have an organised mind that deals with the running of a marketing deparment - forms and reports and databases, filing, etc.
HOURLY RATE BASED ON YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Your job will be to should support other marketing and editorial staff with the administration of PR, marketing, and sales. An enthusiasm for marketing is essential, coupled with an outgoing personality and calm self-assurance. You should be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative, have excellent English language skills (written and spoken), fast and accurate typing and computer skills, and be willing to turn your hand to whatever is necessary to forward Sunpenny’s goals of book production and sales.
A Publishing Sales & Marketing Assistant’s activities can include, depending on experience and training:-
• Working with and managing a media database
• Contacting reviewers, magazines, newspapers, distributors, sellers, buyers, events, etc (from the media lists)
• Dispatch of review copies and other marketing materials
• Preparing information for transmittal to the editorial/production departments
• Preparing simple marketing materials and ordering from printers
• Developing and maintaining relationships with authors, booksellers, distributors, agents, event organisers, etc
• Performing general administrative duties within the department
• Participating in sales, PR, marketing, editorial and design meetings
• The marketing department works very closely with all other departments, including editorial, creative services (art and design), and production
• More senior roles include: Coordinating and implementing marketing communication projects with responsibilities that include public relations, special events management, advertising, and creating brand awareness. Organising the preparation of proposals and presentations using marketing resource materials such as brochures, data, slides, photographs, and reports. Preparing status reports on marketing efforts
• Writing blurbs and other materials
• Writing or editing of press releases when necessary
• Organising press releases online
• Contacting reviewers (from media lists), getting them to agree to review books
• Dispatch of review copies to reviewers
• Working closely with the Social Networking department
• Contacting press directly by phone & email, keeping them alerted to imminent releases
• Following the book events calendar and ensuring we are in contact constantly with organisers, finding out what opportunities there are for our authors
• Finding and following all niche markets related to any of our books or imprints
• Contacting book sellers, libraries etc to secure book signings and talks by our authors
• Keeping direct contact with the authors regarding their own marketing plans and events
• Building up a list of book sellers and distributors; building contact and rapport with them; supplying them with catalogues, AIs, etc.
If you feel you have the drive and motivation for this position, please respond as soon as possible. Thank you.