Websites: [url removed, login to view] - [url removed, login to view]
Pony Express is a UK based courier and delivery company that requires redevelopment of existing website.
Functionalities and Specification Required
1. Front End
1. Clean latest design.
2. Mobile responsive.
3. One login for all users, admin, drivers and licensee/franchisees.
4. Contact form, About Us, Articles, Links, Newsletter Signup, Forum, News, Blog and Articles. All can me managed in back end admin.
5. Find your local Pony Express. Customer to input their postcode and details of local Pony Express depot is displayed.
6. Captcha or anti bot check before search submission.
7. Share pages social links.
8. Link to YouTube channel and video player.
9. Banner display.
10. List of latest searches conducted, each search to create a page that becomes part of the site with search details.
2. Same Day Calculator
1. Sameday distance calculator to compute mileages between collection and delivery locations. Need to use the the Google API.
2. Each query will ask the following; collection postcode, delivery postcode, vehicle size and service option.
3. Price is returned on a one way basis. return journey option can be selected and admin can input return journey rates.
4. We are able to change prices in the back end for pence per mile, vehicle size, return journeys and service options.
5. Journey displayed using google maps.
6. Option to add more stops, drops along route.
7. Minimum charge can be set in admin.
8. European jobs calculated using Google Maps.
9. At time of booking customer can add item image, optional.
10. Ferry and tolls prices to be added in admin.
3. Parcel Delivery Calculator
1. Calculate the cost of sending a parcel from one location to another within the United Kingdom. Also use Google API for postcode/address lookup.
2. Module to use the following to calculate: Size dimensions (width, length, height) and weight.
3. Item dimension calculated by multiplying width x height x length then divide by 4000 to be given a figure that is the weight. Formula can be changed in back end.
4. Collection of parcel from one postcode to another postcode. Some locations may incur an extra delivery charge.
5. Price based on single parcel delivery.
6. Parcel company API to be installed.
7. Examples can be found on our existing site; [url removed, login to view] and other sites like [url removed, login to view] and parcels2go.com.
4. International Parcel Delivery Calculator
1. Same as 'Parcel Delivery Calculator' with worldwide deliveries.
2. Enable and disable countries.
3. Create country price rates.
4. See our current site for examples.
5. Back End Admin Panel
1. Enable/disable users, driver and licencees/franchisees.
2. Add services, vehicles, rates.
3. Add courier licensee/franchisee.
4. View/manage bookings.
5. Send SMS of job details to drivers.
6. Track drivers.
7. Assign jobs to drivers.
8. Manage drivers; enable/disable drivers.
9. Cancel jobs.
10. Issue refunds,
11. Edit invoices.
12. Edit banner.
13. Search stats to be able to download as XL or CSV files.
14. Send newsletters to customers.
15. Set rates for customers.
6. Courier Tracking System
1. To be able to track parcels, sameday deliveries, international parcels and onboard courier jobs.
2. Manual input of tracking details in admin, with time stamp.
3. Driver information received from driver using GPS on phone through App.
4. Customer to be issued with a unique Pony Express tracking number that can be inputted into a field in the front end that will display tracking results with a customer signature if available.
5. Tracking results page can be emailed as a PDF by inputting email address.
6. All bookings can be tracked in customer dashboard.
7. Option for driver to capture pictures and uploading into tracking information.
7. User Booking Module
1. Customer can get a quotation from the website and if happy with price and wish to make a booking they then can quickly complete the booking.
2. Customer has address book that they can access once logged in, this will have all saved addresses that the customer regularly uses.
3. Booking form in the form of s wizard, steps to complete booking.
4. Pay for booking by Paypal, bank transfer and credit card.
5. Once job is booked, airway bill, label and driver POD is generated with tracking barcode that driver can scan with phone app. Airway bill is in user dashboard in form of PDF ready to print off and h and to driver, email with PDF also sent to customer.
6. Address label is generated and is available to print in PDF and emailed to customer.
8. Invoicing Tool
1. System automatically generates customer invoices at the time of booking, each invoice is issued with a new invoice number. A PDF of the invoice is then send to the customer email as well..
2. Record of invoice is sent to admin.
3. Invoices need complete company details, we are able to change information in admin.
4. All invoice data can be downloaded by admin in XL or CSV format.
5. Invoices can be paid using Paypal, bank transfer, credit card etc.
6. View invoices and archive invoices.
7. Email PDF invoices for both customers and drivers, automatically by setting time.
9. Super Admin Login
1. This login is for the site administrator to manage the Joomla back end.
2. To add new modules, upgrade Joomla etc.
10. Pony Express Admin Login
1. The site admin will be the courier company (Pony Express) they will have all privileges and are able to override and change bookings, add/remove jobs, drivers and users.
2. Create company accounts and logins.
3. View, create, edit and manage billing and invoices.
4. Pay driver, mark drivers paid, mark jobs complete, mark jobs paid.
11. User Login
1. Option to login with Google, Facebook or Twitter.
2. Find friends or contacts already registered, invite friends to register with Pony Express.
3. After booking is submitted we will have enough information to create a new account and the customer is asked to provide a password for future logins.
4. If customer is already registered the website will recognise the email at time of booking and customer will only require password to login.
5. Sends messages to admin or driver.
12. Driver Login
1. Option to login with Google, Facebook or Twitter.
2. Driver registration on site.
3. Profile is verified and enabled by admin.
4. Profile given driver privileges by admin.
5. Driver to view all their jobs and job history.
6. Manage bookings.
7. Accept/decline jobs.
8. Driver rating, job acceptance percentage. On time delivery percentage.
9. View earning.
10. Generate invoices based on jobs completed.
11. Get paid option, which send details to admin to release driver payments.
12. Send messages to admin and other drivers.
13. Driver diary, jobs are displayed and stored here.
14. Drivers can upload files, images, scanned items to their account and send to admin.
15. Driver to update vehicle details such as insurance, MOT, licence and can upload scanned copies of the same.
13. Licensee/Franchisee Login
1. Licensee sub-site to be created. example: [url removed, login to view]
2. Licensees are able to login and manage their pages; add descriptions, company images, contact details.
3. Licensees can add twitter, Facebook feeds to their page of their profiles.
4. Licensees can also manage their local drivers, manage bookings, create invoices etc:
5. Similar privileges to admin, but for only there own sub-domain.
6. Send messages to other depots/franchisees and colleagues within Pony Express.
7. Able to add contacts.
14. Mobile Apps – iOS and Android
1. Most functionality of the site to be replicated into mobile apps.
2. The website, iOS and the Android app must be able to work with each other.
3. User must be able to make a booking, view bookings, cancel bookings, track jobs and send messages to admin and the driver.
4. Driver will be able to view job details, accept/decline job, get signature, scan barcode and view earnings.
15. OBC – Onboard Couriers Module
1. As you have already built the OBC (onboard courier) module for us on [url removed, login to view], we would like the same module added to this project.
16. Templates for PDF Documents
1. Airway bill
2. POD Sheets
3. Address label for customer
4. OBC Engagement document
5. Driver invoice
6. Customer Invoice
17. Site Specification and System Requirements
1. The site needs to be built on latest stable Joomla version.
2. Hosted on Godaddy Linux hosting.
1. Payment of 30% on award of project, balance on completion.
2. Freelancer fees paid by freelancer.
76 freelancers are bidding on average $2333 for this job
Hi, We have an experience to develop a courier software and generally follow the following parameters while developing from scratch. [url removed, login to view] Management. [url removed, login to view] Management. [url removed, login to view] Management. [url removed, login to view] S More