A simple project to develop hardware & firmware for a triac based starting ramp controller.
This project will provide basic hardware elements as a starting point. The Developer will have input into final hardware layout including the selection of Microcontroller to aid swift project completion.
1. LOW COST/SIMPLE hardware requirement
2. Microchip microcontroller preferred but will consider Arduino
3. A mixture of resistive/Inductive loads to start
4. Swift completion of the project a must
Basic Operation outline,
1. Energise PCB --> zero output LOAD voltage
2. Add Start delay
3. Check supply voltage to ensure the minimum level is met
4. Start Ramp at 50% supply voltage
5. Ramp up the voltage to 100% over time XXXms
6. Once at 100% voltage, engage bypass relay & turn off triac.
7. If supply voltage below min level, turn off the relay and restart.
I have not put too much detail into this element and as this project would be suited for individuals who have worked with triac’s in the past. Either an interrupt driven firing pulse train or ZC --> delay method would be suitable. In any case, a pulse train is required to conserve power from psu.
Shorter the better as this is not a very complicated project for the right individual.
Just to clarify I have uploaded a schematic using a PIC12F1612 as a possible solution to base the code on. I have limited time this week so have quickly put this together as a starting point to aid coding and reduce timescales.
Your task will be to either check and amend the schematic as you see fit or suggest an alternative solution for which you will need to provide me with a schematic/parts list.
Firmware will also be required no matter which approach you choose.
No PCB layouts are required.
23 freelancers are bidding on average £192 for this job
Hello! I have been working with PICs since 2000 ( to be honest they are my favourite MCUs). Besides I have a great experience ( i mean numerous projects) regarding to triac/scr control.
We are embedded electronic researchers in Bangalore, India... From the details given by you we got a rough idea, For proceeding we need to talk the details... Waiting in the chat field.......................