Cardinal Education Writing Specialist
Job Title: Writing Specialist
Location: Remote (Work from home)
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: 1,000 USD per month, depending on experience
We are seeking a creative and motivated Writing Specialist intimately familiar with essay writing, personal writing, and prompt-based narratives. Our Writing Specialist will work closely with our College Admissions Consulting Division to provide essay guidance for our students.
By comprehensively editing students’ essays, the Writing Specialist ensures that students are
presenting themselves in an introspective and reflective manner.
This position will require a high level of flexibility, creativity, and commitment during the college
season (June to December) and will provide you with opportunities to be actively involved in all
stages of essay drafting. As the college season begins in mid-June, the workload tends to fluctuate from month to month (October and November tend to be the busiest months).
If you are interested in helping bright young scholars fulfill their college potential, we would love for you to join our team as an expert Writing Specialist!
- Able to commit to working with students full-time for at least one college season (e.g., from
June 2019 to December 2019)
- Able to work on potentially short notice
- Must be available from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM PST
- Be able to work approximately 30-40 hours per week from August-December
- Previous editing experience of at least 1 year is required
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from a 4-year university
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional writing ability
- Ability to work with a high level of flexibility and efficiency
- Highly detail-oriented and process-oriented
- Willingness to receive constructive feedback
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Brainstorming: Writing Specialists brainstorm with College Admissions Consultants about the overall themes of an essay.
- Condensation: Writing Specialists condense rough drafts to follow various prompts.
- Editing: Essays may go through extensive edits (up to 15 drafts) before finalization. Writing Specialists will be asked to follow specified comments made by the College Admissions Consultants to edit for clarity, style, flow, and structure.
- Proofreading: Writing Specialists will proofread essays for grammar and spelling errors.
Email [removed by Freelancer] with the subject line “Remote Writing Specialist Application” to submit your cover letter and resume. Due to the high volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond to every single inquiry.
NOTE: We are happy to work with individuals who currently work with other organizations or those who work independently. You do not need to sign an exclusivity contract to work with Cardinal Education. All Writing Specialists are independent contractors.
UPDATED Compensation: 1,000 USD per month, depending on experience
20 freelancers are bidding on average $1288 for this job
I have read all your basic details and liked your requirements as I fulfill them would like to discuss further for how long in a day I have to work and etc please inbox
Hola! Me llamo mucho la atención su propuesta. Me gusta la lectura aunque no estoy certificada en ello, sin embargo cuento con dos títulos de carrera universitario y experiencia como profesora,.
I do quality article writing and meets customer expectations. I meet datelines Relevant Skills and Experience I have 15 years experience in doing article writing.