You are asked to write a briefing document to redesign the building of Park Royal for one of the following locations in:Wollongong, New South Wales; Townsville, Queensland; and Queenstown, New Zealand.
1. Innovation Way, North Wollongong, NSW 2500 [opposite Illawarra Flame house]
2. Panorama Court, North Ward, Townsville, QLD 4810 [any/all of the vacant lots]
3. Car Park 37 Thompson St, Queenstown, Otago, NZ. (sloping carpark on North side of Thompson rd nr Glasgow st)
You are asked to make recommendations for the building to:
1. Optimise its site orientation in relation to climate
2. Optimise the building form in relation to climate
3. Optimise the building plan and section to reduce energy consumption and improve comfort
4. Consider how building services will reduce energy consumption and improve comfort
5. Optimise the shading
6. Improve the environmental performance of the materials
7. Improve the water saving measures for the building
The document should show evidence that you have researched and weighed up an applicable set of sustainable design principles. It should include a researched set of environmental performance targets for the building and evidence of the types of design strategies and technologies that are likely to achieve this.
Length / duration
• 3000 word illustrated report (max 20 A4 pages)
DESIGN BUILDER AND CLIMATE CONSULTANT is required for this task.