I am looking for a passionate and talented landscape architect/ designer, who is open to a flexible part-time work arrangement (min. 15 hours p/week).
You will be required to undertake and support the preparation of concept planting plans & town planning planting documents. You will be liaising with Melbourne’s leading architects and developers, across a range of residential, commercial and industrial projects.
In the first instance, the role will involve the preparation of AutoCAD files and planting sketch designs for soft landscape designs. You will be required to be familiar with native and exotic planting material that perform well in Melbourne’s climate. We have a drafting team that will complete the majority of electronic drafting within AutoCAD. You will be required to provide instructions and sketch design to the drafting team, oversee their work and issue final PDF landscape plans.
There will be an opportunity to develop this role into more detailed design work that falls within the Tender and Construction documentation packages.
About the role:
• Working across all areas of design including Concept Design, Town Planning
• Liaising with clients and consultants
• Preparation of submissions and concept documentation
• Leading and supporting end-to-end design process from fee acceptance to delivery of final document(s)
• Project management and data entry
• Ensuring that each project meets the required timeframe
• Accredited degree in landscape architecture/ design (or similar)
• 3-5 years experience in a similar role
• Self-motivated and able to work with a collaborative team
• Strong visual, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong plant design knowledge
• The ability to work independently or collaboratively
• Positive attitude with an eagerness to learn
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
• Hand drafting
• 3D Graphics (Sketch Up, Revit or similar)
• Adobe suite (Photoshop & Indesign)
• Microsoft office (Word & Excel)