I am looking for a coder that has experience with and possiblly an existing skeleton system for an online trading portal for the used vehicle industry. This portal will operate similare to many of the international trading portals such as [[url removed, login to view]], [[url removed, login to view]], and a host of others that allow users the ability to post their companies, their products and also allow buyers to post WTB's (Want-To-Buy.) This web based application must implement a SQL DB.
The DB will store information about the following:
- Paid Subscription levels (multi-level subscription capabilities)
- Users - Contact information, access level, preferences, (buyer, seller, both), dealer or general public, etc.
- Specific Vehicle Information - photos, year, make, model, mielage, options, description, etc. for each car listed
- General Vehicle Information - General information regarding vehicle types, makes, models, available options by year, etc.
- Email Subscriptions - User will be able to subscribe to receive emails of new Buy/Sell posts based on multiple criteria.
The user interface should provide sophisiticated searching, sorting and filtering capabilities.
This system will require the ability to allow users to add, remove and edit their vehicle listings.
WTB (Want To Buy) Posting - Users can post email broadcast WTB's looking for a specific car. Subscribers who meet the criteria will be included in the broadcast email recipient list.
Administrator functions such as auto-purge/hide listings by age must also be included.
This project may be bid in multiple phases to facilitate a quick launch and to make payment more appealing to the successful bidder.
**_I am prepared to begin this project immediately._**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday May 2, 2006 9:41:47 AM:
I would like to thank all of you for sending me your bids and being so responsive to my many questions. There are several decent bids, but none that is a clear winner. I was hoping that one of you would have built a website with very similar functionality. A couple of you have similar websites but no one has one similar enough to make my decision very easy.
To help me make a decision quickly I am asking each of you to perform a task. Please go to [url removed, login to view] [or] [url removed, login to view] and sign up as a trial member. The functionality that I require is most closely approximated by these two websites, except for a few main differences. My site will require:
1) the ability to post multiple pictures per listing along with car condition related data
2) the ability to filter by distance from user's zipcode, calculating the distance in mile s. For example, "show me all cars that match my criteria and are withing 100 miles." Additionally, filtering by city, county or state will be required.
3) My site will need to be very fast with a high volume of users all of whom will be performing searches and viewing pictures of automobiles. This site will be heavily used during US business hours. A single listing may have as few as 0 or as many as 20+ pictures associated with it. Neither of the websites I listed above have to deal with pictures.
I asked some of you if you had any AJAX experience. However, I believe that for release 1, AJAX will NOT be required and I do not want to delay this project for any reason. So, please disregard my earlier questions regarding AJAX (unless you can incorporate it into the basic site design without causing any delivery delays.)
Please review one or both of the websites listed above and give me your comments. I look forward to your r esponse.
I prefer ASP.NET / SQL Server, but I'm willing to consider suggestion of Linux, Java and other SQL DB's.