I. In short, my website is an information resource on architectural legacy of the world`s major cities (100% USER-GENERATED CONTENT).
II. The website is not the simplest one from the functionality point of view and would pose challenges like :
1. finding the address databases (names of all the streets, etc.) for several global cities across different countries.
2. The multilingual nature of a website might also be challenging for a developer.
3. Identifying what CMS is the best to use in order to allow users to post content.
III. Each city included in a project will have its own separate space/environment with its own forum. The end result should be a single website that includes multiple subsites (each devoted to a single city) that are ready to receive content from users. The design and structure across the subsites will be uniform, but each city`s subsite will have its own features (administrator, map, submission form in a local language, forum).
Once visitor enters London`s subsite, for example, he then should be able search for buildings by 4 parameters: STREET/FULL ADDRESS/STYLE/ARCHITECT.
Each building would have its own page, identifiable by the building`s address. Submission form has to be available on every page, so anyone is able to add an information to the page.
The website would have some features of Wikimapia, Google Maps, Wikipedia and few others, but would feel more like a forum where locals interested in architecture and history of their city are able to share the knowledge about its buildings with the rest of the world.
It might take years before site attracts enough content and gets recognition, but I believe if it is build smartly and is easy to use/navigate, it can succeed in a long run.
Looking for an experienced Web Developer who has worked with CMS and is good at customizing them. Ideally, you have created at least one good Web 2.0 (UGC) Website.
In my mind I have a few possible directions in which the website can be structured. I would go with the one that is the easiest from development point of view and would take less time + fit my budget. If you can identify this direction and prove me that you can create what I need for the reasonable price, the gig is yours.
1. Possible layout/content of the site`s front page
2. Possible layout/content of a subsite`s front age
3. Possible layout/content of a building page with relevant information
4. Another possible layout/content of a building page with relevant information