I need this added to my website project...
[url removed, login to view] and consume a web service
Create the Table
1. Your web site provides a membership service that allows customers to get coupons for products. You don’t want to use Facebook to manage these accounts because your company wants to sell this information. You need to ‘show’ your manager that can provide access to your membership data, to multiple partner companies using web services.
2. Members table – Contains information about members.
3. Member details as firstname, lastname, birthdate, datajoined, membershipid, email, cellnumber
Create the Web Service
4. Create a web service named MemberList.asmx.
5. Above the WebMethod, create a private string variable named MemberCS and store the connection string from the web configuration in this variable.
6. Create a new WebMethod called GetMemberList() that will return a DataSet object.
7. Write the code to create the SQL select query that returns the email addresses of all of the members in the Members table
8. Create the connection object using the MemberCS connection string
9. Create the command object using the connection object and the SQL statement
10. Create the adapter object using the command object
11. Create the new DataSet object called dsMembers.
12. Use the Fill method with the data adapter, and send it the dataset parameter with the table name “Members”.
13. Use they keyword return and return the dataset object, dsMembers.
2. Create and consume a web service
Consume the Web Service
1. Create a new web page named GetMembersWS.aspx.
2. You will have to add a reference to your project to the [url removed, login to view] web service.
3. Then you can import the web service into your project with the keyword using, then pass the name of the solution/project in Visual Studio, a period, and then the name of the WebMethod.
4. After, you can create a variable (getMembers) to represent the new instance of a webservice
5. Then you can ‘call’ the WebMethod using the [url removed, login to view]() name such as [url removed, login to view]().
2. Integrate a Web API or Web Service into your web application