1. Boxes in different layers are the input
2. Current process is free hand drawing to combine nearby areas such that it does not merge with a specific layer called "Through". Layers other than "Through" can overlap or merge. Radius to be checked with boxes and highest possible radius to be given , box sizes should above 3mm in length and width where possible.
3. Existing Frame called "Board Outline" to be extended by [url removed, login to view]
4. A new frame called "Template outline" to be drawn which is existing +30mm on each side
5. Draw Drills , based on size of Template outline and pitch (more instrucstions will be added)
6. Place lockers on Board Outline where top boxes are absent
7. Generate 3d view - exportable in solidworks
I will be adding the drawing files shortly for better understanding.
Spec with details and attachments:
Step 2 is most crucial for this project. The other steps can be eliminated if cost is prohibitive. Would help if you could give the costing for each step from step 2.
Pl keep comments in the programs, so at a later stage Defaults where numbers are there can be changed.
This script needs to be secured to work on systems only specified by me and not on any other system. Pl share if you can secure via a dongle or locking with the mac address, or if it can be run online.
1. Input layers - Through(input) , SMD Depth x(input) - x is user entered in this drawing it is taken as 1.4mm, Mechanical holes (input) , Bottom Through (input) , Via / test , board outline, top smd
2. This step has two parts A or B. A is for pallets. B is for templates, similar functions are there in both
2A. Layers considered in this step - Through(input) , SMD (input), Mechanical holes (input) , Bottom Through (input) , Via / test / to be given optional - user to select if considered or not considered
Combine nearby boxes such that the smd depth layer combines its nearby components, without overlapping with Through , Bottom through, mechanical holes, and optional user entry for via / test.
Minium Size to be 3mm in length and /or width, Maximum 50mm in length and /or width.
Generated layers - Through (output), SMD (output)
Gap between any SMD (output) and Through (output) -
GAP Length of SMD
0.8mm 10mm to 15mm
1mm 15 to 30mm
2B. Layers considered in this step - Through(input) , SMD (input), Mechanical holes (input) , Bottom Through (input) , Via / test / to be given optional - user to select if considered or not considered
Combine nearby boxes where gap between boxes is less than 0.5mm or 1mm (0.5 or 1mm -this is decided by the user).
Combine nearby boxes such that the smd depth layer combines its nearby components, without overlapping with Through
Generated layers - Through (output), SMD (output)
3. Layers considered in this step - Board outline
Increase board outline by 0.25mm and make edges rounded.
Output layer - SMD STEP DOWN (BOARD OUTLINE OUTPUT)
4. Layers considered in this step - Board outline (output), SMD top(input).
Locker to be placed 3mm inside from board outline (output), such that when it rotates 360 degree it does not touch any part of SMD TOP (input) layer.
Every 100mm 1 locker to be provided.
User input array/ step and repeat - no of rows and columns to duplicate the OUTPUT layers such that Same PCB locker to be shared by adjacent Boards , where the gap between boards will be 14mm.
If it is not possible to share the lockers, separate lockers to be given, such that gap is 27mm and nearby lockers do not touch each other.
Output layers - Through (output) , SMD (output) , Lockers (output), Board Outline (output)
5. Layers considered in this step - Board outline (output), Through (output) , Lockers
Place a rectangle of size 40*30mm if on an edge or L shape if at the edges, 0.5mm inside the board outline , such that it is used to lift the board, preferred on the shorter side of the board or edges (Lshape).
This layer should not merge with Lockers and should have a minimum distance of 5mm from Through.
Output layers- Board Lifter (output)
6. Layers considered in this step - Board outline (output), Lockers , Lifter
User input - Top catch required - YES / NO.
If no, do nothing,
Draw TOP Catch (output) layer, having holes at a distance of - as indicated in drawing. Ensure gap of is maintained between Top catch Board outline / Lockers / Lifters
Output Layer - TOP CATCH
7. Layers considered in this step - Board outline (output), Lockers , Lifter, Top Catch
FROM OUTERMOST PARTS - EITHER TOP CATCH or LOckers / Lifters , at +20 mm each side draw Pallet Outline / Template Outline (output) .
Pallet outline should be in multiples of 10, give user option to enter pallet outline dimensions. Center of Board outline and center of Pallet outline should be same.
8. Draw Drills with al strip.
Layers considered in this step - Pallet outline , Top catch , Lifter , Lockers
At a distance of 8mm from inner-side of Pallet outline , draw rectangle bars of 6mm width and length = (Pallet length - 28) in the length side.
draw rectangle bars of 6mm width and length = (Pallet length - 16) in the width side.
Maximum holes to be fitted inside the rectangle bars of pitch 60mm
9. Draw Side view and legend.
Numericals added up give the depth (SMD), Through layer is complete cut out. Pallet outline thickness is user entered.
10. Export to Solid works and convert to 3D